Your appointment is conditional based upon your supplying the following documentation.
1. Valid NJ teaching certificate – Candidates must hold a Standard or a CE, CEAS in order to be hired. If you hold a Certificate of Eligibility (CE) or a Certificate of Eligibility w/ Advanced Standing (CEAS) you will be enrolled in the Provisional Teacher Program. If you need to contact the Provisional office you can reach them at 609-984-6377, Betty Sue Zellner. Fees for Provisional Training for a CEAS - $550.00 for the 30week mentor. CE – “Alternate Route” candidates are Regional Training Center currently $1300.00, P-3 Course work-tuition charged by the college or university, MAT Alternate Route programs – tuition charged by the college or university. Mentoring- $450.00 for the 20day mentor, $550.00 for the 30week mentor. Certificates - $150.00 - $170.00.
2. Satisfactory completion of the criminal background check
3. Completion of physical examination certifying your ability to perform job related functions
4. Your signature on a written contract of employment
5. Completion of the Oath of Allegiance
6. Verification of prior teaching experience for correct salary placement