Dr. J.R. Lopez
23 Kilmer Drive, Building No.2D (Off Route 9 at Union Hill Rd.)
Morganville, New Jersey 07751
Telephone: (732) 972-0900
The Manalapan-Englishtown Regional Board of Education employs full-time school nurses.
1. IMMUNIZATION- Board Policy required that every child be immunized against D.P.T, polio, measles (2 doses required- State Law as of 4/15/95), mumps, rubella, chicken pox (state law as of 6/2004), T.B. and hepatitis B vaccine multi-dose for children entering Kindergarten/Grade 1 (whichever occurs first) and Grade 6.
2.CONTAGIOUS DISEASE- Whenever a child has such a disease, the parents are requested to notify the school nurse.
3. EMERGENCY- If a child becomes sick or injured at school, the school nurse will notify the parent and the parent will be responsible for transportation home. Parents must make prior arrangements if they are unavailable during school hours.
4. LIMITATIONS- First aid consists only of immediate, temporary treatment. The school nurse cannot diagnose, recommend treatment, or administer internal medication.
5. SPECIAL MEDICATION- Before any special medication may be administered, the following must be completed:
6. PHYSICAL EDUCATION- To be excused from physical education, please note the following:
a. A note from a physician is required when a child is to be excused for any length of time. To be reinstated, another note must come from his/her physician.
b. A parent note excuses for one day only.
c. A nurse may excuse a child for one day with legitimate cause.