October 2, 2014
To Our Pine Brook Community,
Pine Brook's Parent/Teacher Conferences will be held on Tuesday, October 21st through Friday, October 24th. Attending parent-teacher conferences, as well as routine checking of the Parent Portal, will help to ensure good communication between home and school.
In order to make scheduling conferences more convenient for you, and to allow our staff to successfully schedule as many parent conferences as possible, the following procedure has been established:
· Please review your child's comments within the Parent Portal, which will be updated by October, 10th. Each core subject area teacher will indicate whether there is a request to meet during conference week.
· If the teacher indicates a need or if you would like to schedule a meeting time with any of your child's teachers, please call in at the designated time.
· Calls will be taken from 9:00am to 3:00pm on October 14th for Teams 1 and 2, October 15th for Teams 3 and 4, and October 16th for Teams 5 and 6. Please be sure to call in on your child's designated day to expedite the scheduling process.
· When calling on the scheduled day, please be prepared with the names of the specific teachers with whom you'd like to meet.
· The secretary will provide you with times for each
five minute conference
you have requested. Please write down the times and name of each teacher and bring them with you the night of your conference.
Please understand if you are unable to meet with a particular teacher during our fall parent/teacher conferences, you may call that teacher directly and schedule a phone conference or you may also arrange to speak with or meet a teacher at any other time during the school year. If your child is having academic difficulties, please maintain close contact with your child's teachers. Additionally, we urge you to closely monitor your child's Agenda for all homework assignments on a regular basis along with checking the Parent Portal frequently for updates on your child's progress.
Please call 732-786-2801 to schedule a conference between 9:00am-3:00pm on October 14th for Teams 1 and 2, October 15th for Teams 3 and 4, and October 16th for Teams 5 and 6.
No appointment will be scheduled before or after these assigned times.
John W. Spalthoff
Important October Dates:
6-10- Week of Respect
9- Internet safety Assembly at MEMS 7:00pm
13- Schools Closed to Students
14-16- Book Fair
21-24- Conferences, snack sale
21- Club/Group Pictures
24- PTA Walk-A-Thon